For many users, retrofitting or modernizing their machines or complete lines is the solution for giving these investments a “second lifetime.” Though the mechanics are often in good condition, the electronics and drive engineering frequently require updating. Retrofits are therefore an increasingly viable option for the electrical portion of the system.
By modernizing your line, you will achieve the following important advantages, depending upon your equipment and the extent of the retrofit:
- Increased availability
- Increased productivity
- More convenient operation, improved human-machine interface (HMI)
- Increased storage capacity
- Reduced downtime and standstill periods
- Extended availability of spare parts and service support
- Reliable and safe data management
- State-of-the-art networking capabilities
- Remote maintenance capabilities by modem or Internet
Our Retrofit Service
In practice, a retrofit means:
- Obsolete machine controls are replaced by the latest-generation controls
- Manufacturer-independent replacement of analog drive technology with standard, maintenance-free digital components
If mechanical overhauling and modernization is also necessary, we would be pleased to offer an overall solution. We will work with you to develop the best and most cost-efficient solution to bring your machine back to the state of the art. Please contact us for further information.